We believe in continuous improvements and adjustments. Please let us know about your experience with our Center. We want to know how we can improve or what works well for you and your clients. RDVM Feedback
If you are interested in a CE presentation at your hospital or ours, please let us know. You can use the online CE Request Form or call us. Available topics include:
• What about those Mast Cell Tumors?
• Immunotherapy – the melanoma vaccine
• When amputation is not possible - palliative management of patients with osteosarcoma
• New drugs – Palladia and Masitinib
• Management of chemotherapy side effects
• Chemotherapy therapy 101 – old poisons, new philosophy
• Chemotherapy safety for medical staff and pet owners
• End of life decisions – how can we help?
• Emotion fatigue management
• Other topics available by request
Any veterinarian can request a courtesy consult with Dr. Sarbu to discuss any case where cancer is a potential diagnosis. She can easily be reached by phone, email, fax or through the Online Consult Form during regular business hours. You should expect an answer from her within a day. If you need urgent advice while the clinic is closed, you can email her and specify that you need an urgent answer.
Dr. Sarbu can advise on further tests needed to reach a diagnosis, help with results interpretation, staging procedures, provide general information about obtain a specific cancer such as general prognosis, treatment options and cost. Due to the complexity of cases she will not be able to make patient-specific recommendations or provide written chemotherapy plans for patients that she has not evaluated.
Our appointment coordinator is available to set up new appointments Mondays through Thursdays between 9am and 6pm
If you would like to refer a case
• please print and fill out the Referral form
• please fax all the pertinent history and recent tests
• please have the client call us to set up the appointment
Once the case is seen, you will receive a written report within 24 hours, as well as copies of any diagnostics performed, as the results become available. You will also receive follow-up reports if the patient is seen for follow-up treatments, such as chemotherapy
If a patient is receiving chemotherapy through our clinic, occasional follow-up bloodwork may be performed at your office. The last set of discharge instructions indicate the type of evaluation and bloodwork to be performed. The Follow-up Bloodwork Form was designed to help keep track of these visits. Please print it, fill it out and fax it to us together with the bloodwork results. Please communicate the results with the owner.
If you have any questions please call us during business hours or e-mail me (outside business hours, if urgent).